Wednesday 3 February 2010

Violet Chapter 14 Teaser

Violet Chapter 14: Screw Normal - TEASER

Hope you're all doing okay! Just finishing off this chapter and thought you could all do with a teaser before I post it. Enjoy!

BPOV

“Edward,” I gasped.

“Hello, Bella,” he replied, his green eyes beseeching me as I became utterly awestruck. Was it even possible to say that I had missed him more than I was letting on?

“Are you ready for our cinema date then?” He asked me; a normal thing to say. It was…odd.

“Yes,” I replied and smiled sweetly at him. “I’ve missed you.” It just came out. I couldn’t help myself. Crap. How embarrassing! I blushed redder than ever as I realized that I had been thinking aloud.

Edward chuckled at me, brought out his hand to touch my cheek. For one moment, I thought he was going to kiss me and I was freaking out inside. But I didn’t move; it wasn’t as if I was going to stop him. He traced his finger down the side of my cheek and then he smiled at me. Did he want to kill me? “I’ve missed you too, Flowergirl.” He removed his hand from my face and then looked at his watch. “Come on then you,” he whispered. “The movie is going to start any minute.”

I hooked my purse over my shoulder and walked with him down to the bottom of my block. I expected a limo like Jake’s or something of the kind, but instead there was no vehicle outside except Mrs. Cope’s old banger from downstairs.

“I thought we’d walk,” he told me simply. “It’s still light and a rather warm evening.”

“That sounds nice,” I responded.

And we walked.

It kind of reminded me of the first time after he had me when I got the job at Starbucks. It was sort of…nostalgic. Speaking to him was even better than I had anticipated. I thought it might have been awkward, that he might have brought up the night at Violet, or Jasper or even Mike – but he didn’t. Instead, we talked about work and other things in which we thrilled. I found myself falling for his charm all over again and in a way, I wished we never reached the cinema so our conversation wouldn't cease. Was I really feeling this vulnerable after everything that happened, that I was falling in love with the next person I spent time with? However, I remembered all the conflicted feelings I had felt around Edward before everything happened… and the feelings now were no dissimilar. It was just that at that particular, I felt more at ease; like there was no guilt this time, just freedom and liberation. You know when you feel like nothing else matters except how you’re living at that specific moment in time? When I was with Edward that evening, yup, well, that was completely it.


Thanks for reading! The next update should be tomorrow if I can find my memory stick (since that has half of the chapter on it. Otherwise, I guess I will have to re-write it but hey ho. See you then!
Bondgirl xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment